The NETZSCH Discus system is the quantum leap in disk grinding technology. The further optimized Discus disk agitator combined with the NETZSCH DCC® separation system guarantees you extremely high throughput rates with significantly narrowerd well time distributions and therefore more intensive grinding with uniform impact intensity.
The power input of the mill increases considerably, with a simultaneous increase in energy efficiency. The Discus grinding system activates and optimizes the movement of the grinding beads between the disks, which leads to a higher power input and a grinding efficiency with low specific energy consumption. Thus, you profit from a significant reduction in production costs, since the specific energy consumption decreases with increasing productivity.
- Reliable scale-up
- Variety of sizes
- High length/diameter ratio
- Highly-efficient grinding media separation system
- Optimum cooling water flow∙Inner pipe of grinding tank
made of NETZSCH-Ceram C
- Highest throughput rates
- Significantly narrower residence time distribution
- Intensive grinding with consistent stress intensity
- Highest power input
- Low specific energy requirement
- Continuous agitator bead mills with horizontal disk agitator
- With the Discus grinding system, the movement of thegrinding media between the disks is activated and optimized. This leads to a high power input and a grinding efficiency withlow specific energy consumption
- The product flows axially from the inlet through the grinding chamber and is stressed by the shearing, pressure and impactaction of the grinding beads and thus ground or finely dispersed
- A highly effective centrifugal separation system allows the product to flow out, while the grinding beads are retained inthe mill
The highly efficient, dynamic centrifugal separation system facilitates the use of grinding beads of various densities, matched to the application. In addition, it allows the use of grinding beads up to 0.4 mm in diameter. The separation system ensures that the mill can be operated far below the critical point of grinding bead compression, even for products with challenging rheological properties.This means that operational performance is extremely stable, shutdown due to overpressure and exceeding the permitted temperature limits is avoided and grinding media wear is minimized. The classifying rotor increases the service life of the separation screen and thus minimizes maintenance work and downtimes.
- Product enters the preclassifi-cation area through the axial gaps in the last grinding disk
- Entrained grinding beads are centrifuged outward in this area, while the product enters the separation chamber axially through the openings in the pre-classifier disk
- Formation of a circulation flow through the rotor, which counteracts the axial flow of the material being processed
The NETZSCH Discus agitator bead mills are equipped with the TetraNex® grinding system. The TetraNex® grinding disk, which replaces the familiar TriNex® grinding disk, is available in the standard design and in the TetraNex® Plus version. While the front side of the standard version is smooth, just like the TriNex® version, the TetraNex® Plus disk has special activation elements. These activate the grinding beads reciprocally in the axial direction, which leads to increased contact between the grinding beads and thus to more effective grinding processes