Finely-ground cocoa liquor is separated into liquid cocoa butter and solid cocoa press cake in a chamber filter press. While the cocoa butter is filtered and discharged in liquid form or into blocks, the compact cocoa press cake is pre-milled in roller crushers and then dry-milled into finely-ground cocoa powder.
NETZSCH can offer various machine types for pulverizing the pre-crushed low fat or high fat cocoa press cakes depending on their fat content, feed temperature and desired final fineness.
- High specific throughput capacities with low fat qualities (up to 12% fat content)
- Cooling of the intake air
- Final products with a defined upper particle size limit thanks to integrated air classifier.
- Reliable processing of high fat qualities (22% fat content) in low pressure operation
- Low wear
- Well-suited for products containing a large amount of cocoa shells