Spiral jet mills are already in use in numerous application laboratories for the dry grinding of product samples.
For the first time, in the form of the ConJet® model high-density bed jet mill, a spiral jet mill has been put on the market that makes it possible to exactly set desired finenesses without changing the product load. The infinitely adjustable classifier wheel integrated into the machine housing provides an upper particle size limitation of the final product that can be exactly defined and reproduced at any time.
The compact machine housing and grinding principle of this laboratory machine allow processing without notable product loss.
Until now the grinding fineness of spiral jet mills was set by adjusting the product load. This setting can now be adjusted by simply regulating the rotational speed of the classifier wheel.
The easy to open machine housing allows fast, complete cleaning of the machine when product or batches are changed. It is the utmost in user friendliness!
The plant is designed to be modular, so that other modules can be added, such as our CGS Fluidized Bed Jet Mill and High-efficiency Classifier Model CFS/HD-S to make a completely versatile laboratory platform.
- Finenesses from d97 2.5 µm to d97 70 µm (based on limestone)
- Spiral jet mill for the ultra-fine grinding of soft to the hardest of materials
- Exactly defined maximum particle sizes through an integrated, dynamic air classifier
- Variable fines setting independent of the product load
- Classifier wheel with simultaneously rotating immersion tube to achieve highest finenesses, infinitely adjustable
- Gap between classifier wheel and fines outlet rinsed by gas for highest possible prevention of oversize particles in the product
- Classifier shaft seal rinsed by compressed gas to protect the bearings
- Excellent accessibility for fast, easy cleaning and maintenance by swinging open the housing door
- Easy to use machine
- Easy change of product
- High energy density due to rotating product bed. Result: Up to 40% more effective than conventional jet mills
- More efficient grinding (higher throughputs possible)
- No residual contents in machine housing, therefore practically no loss of product
- Shipped ready for immediate operation
- Can be combined with other machine modules
- Optional designs available: pressure shock resistant, gas tight, wear protected
The ConJet® High Density Bed Jet Mill combines a spiral jet mill with a patented dynamic air classifier enables you to achieve high degrees of fineness, independent of the load on the gas flow.
Ultra-fine Grinding and Ultra-fine Classifying on a Laboratory Scale
NETZSCH Trockenmahltechnik GmbH, one of the global leading companies in the area of dry product processing, is part of the Business Unit Grinding & Dispersing of the NETZSCH Group. Customers profit from our comprehensive experience potential and our diverse machine program, ranging from laboratory- and production machines to complete production lines. Fine impact mills, classifying- and jet mills as well as fine-cutting mills and high-efficiency fine classifiers made by NETZSCH are mainly used in the application areas chemistry, inorganic materials/minerals, ceramics and life science for pharma- and food applications.
A new jet mill combines a spiral design with a patented dynamic air classifier wheel to achieve optimum levels of fineness and throughput.
The high-density bed jet mill represents an advanced development of the spiral jet mill. Its core feature is the integration of a dynamic air classifier at the centre of the grinding chamber. This enables optimal independent setting of the grinding fineness and efficiency. In addition, the circular motion of the material ground in the grinding chamber and the air classifier restricting product discharge from the grinding zone result in a very intensive loading of the gas jets with the material to be ground. This leads to a considerable improvement in the mill efficiency, especially for the grinding of lightweight materials. The operating characteristics of high-density bed jet mills and fluidized bed jet mills are compared and finally, on the basis of this comparison, favourable applications for the new high-density bed jet mill are derived.