The CSM 50 & CSM 80 laboratory classifier mills combine a mechanical impact mill with an integrated, dynamic air classifier. Very fine grains free of coarse particles can be achieved with the help of this infinitely adjustable classifier wheel. The self-regulating internal circulation of the coarse material inside the machine housing creates an extremely stable operation.
In the past, multiple-step processing such as the conventional grinding-classifying-process with fine impact mills and subsequent coarse grain separation in an air classifier, was the process of choice. The integration of a mechanical impact mill and a dynamic air classifier in a single housing offers the user numerous benefits.
The user friendly design of the machine housing enables fast, complete cleaning of the machine when product or batches are changed.
The plant is designed to be modular, so that other modules can be added, such as our CGS Fluidized Bed Jet Mill and High-efficiency Classifier Model CFS/HD-S to make a completely versatile laboratory platform.
- Finenesses from d97 10 µm to d97 150 µm (based on limestone)
- Rotor impact mill with rotating classifier wheel to limit the maximum particle size
- Exactly defined maximum particle size through integrated dynamic air classifier
- Classifier wheel with simultaneously rotating immersion tube to achieve highest finenesses, infinite adjustment
- Gap between classifier wheel and fines outlet rinsed by gas for highest possible prevention of oversize particles in the product
- Classifier shaft seal rinsed by compressed gas to protect the bearings
- Separate drives for grinding disc and classifier wheel
- Even load on the classifier wheel through symmetrical rotation construction of the machine
- Hinged classifier head provides good access for fast and easy cleaning and maintenance
- Minimal warming of the grinding product due to the controlled air stream
- Reproducible results
- Steep particle size distribution
- Shipped ready for immediate operation
- Can be combined with other machine modules
- Optional designs available: pressure shock resistant, gas tight, wear protected
The Classifier Mill CSM is a combination fine impact mill and deflector wheel classifier. The integration of a mill and classifier in a single housing offers value-added benefits - a easy to clean and use compact milling plant.
With the CERAMIC-execution of the CSM classifier mill, dry fine-grinding is possible without metal contamination of the grinding product! All machine parts in contact with the grinding product are completely made of ceramic or have a ceramic lining.
Ultra-fine Grinding and Ultra-fine Classifying on a Laboratory Scale
NETZSCH Trockenmahltechnik GmbH, one of the global leading companies in the area of dry product processing, is part of the Business Unit Grinding & Dispersing of the NETZSCH Group. Customers profit from our comprehensive experience potential and our diverse machine program, ranging from laboratory- and production machines to complete production lines. Fine impact mills, classifying- and jet mills as well as fine-cutting mills and high-efficiency fine classifiers made by NETZSCH are mainly used in the application areas chemistry, inorganic materials/minerals, ceramics and life science for pharma- and food applications.