The Ψ-Mix® inline disperser combines a new dispersion method, in which the solid components are wetted on a large liquid surface, with emission- free, dust-free inline operation. The combination of vacuum dispersion, shearing and pressure wetting results in homogeneous, fine dispersions with very reproducible quality – all at high efficiency levels in a controlled process.
Because the machine is suitable for processing both low- and high-viscosity suspensions, it covers the complete spectrum of applications for dispersion technology. In addition, the design of the mixing zone makes it possible to process temperature-sensitive or dilatant materials.
Compared to conventional rotor-stator systems, this machine uses considerably less energy to disperse your products. The Ψ-Mix® is also easy to integrate into fully-automatic production lines for the manufacture of large batches and is particularly well suited and specially adapted for emission-free and explosion-proof operation.
- Enclosed, emission-free dispersion system in batch operation for fast wetting (inline) of powder in liquids
- Homogeneous, high-quality pre-dispersion
- Dosing and spraying of the solids via rotary valve and conditioning head
- Charging from big-bag, bagged goods or silo
- Suitable for potentially explosive areas
- Atmosphere barrier prevents instantaneous ignition
- Largely insensitive to foreign substances such as packaging residue
- Problem-free large-diameter inlet for solids
- No introduction of outside air
- Overload prevented through controlled dosing of pigment
- High solids content possible
- No flooding of liquid into the dry area
- Suitable for a wide range of viscosities
- Minimal temperature difference and product heating
- Coolable processing zone
- Quick-cleaning unit
With the NETZSCH Ψ-Mix® Inline-Disperser you achieve optimal wetting of dusty solids in liquid components.
So when S & S Druckfarben needed a new manufacturing plant for heat-set - one that would use cutting edge technology and state-of-the-art process controls to deliver a huge 35,000 Tonnes per annum - they too enlisted our services.
When Sun Chemical built a new manufacturing plant using cutting edge technology and state-of-the-art process controls, they looked to the plant and process engineering expertise at NETZSCH.
After a devastating fire in 2008 Sakata Inx España and Sakata Inx Japan looked to the plant and process engineering expertise at NETZSCH. The new production facility for flexographic ink is the largest project of its kind in Europe since 2008, they needed a company that could design the process and then engineer the new plant from start to finish, and also guarantee its final performance.
For as long as man has attempted to mix solids with liquids, he has struggled to avoid an annoying, if not wholly unacceptable, byproduct – lumps, or more scientifically, agglomerates. In the case of a single serving of a food product, as in your morning coffee when you add powdered creamer, these agglomerates may be merely objectionable.
Advances in nanotechnology enable precise and repeatable dispersion of nanoparticles. The materials in anodes and cathodes within a lithium-ion battery affect voltage, capacity, and battery life.