Based on a 12" color graphic display with multi-touch function, NETZSCH IRIS facilitates monitoring and control of the process sequence.
In addition to intuitive adjustment of the machine operating parameters, other functions such as batch logging and formulation management, energy consumption estimation, machine availability display, preventive and operational maintenance control as well as historical data combined with real production time and trend graphics are available.
An integrated error management system provides instructions and help for problem solving.
- Easy and intuitive
- Comprehensive data acquisition, analysis and provision via windows-based PC terminal
- High Connectivity of the process system (data connection)
- Operation via PC terminal with 12” multi-touch display*
- Operation description on the terminal
- Expanded user rights management
- Secure and future-oriented industrial software solution
- Multi-language function
- Mill ON / OFF
- Stepless speed adjustment of the agitator shaft via a frequency converter
- Select FLUSH / RUN
- Emergency stop
- Input of calculation parameters:
- batch size
- (desired number of circuits)
- No-load characteristic
- Optional selector switch for remote operation (via HMI)
- Pump ON / OFF
- Stepless speed adjustment of the pump via a frequency converter (for electromechanically driven pumps)
- Indicator for speed [min-1] and agitator shaft peripheral speed [m/s]
- Display of kW (no-load), kW (net) and kW (total), kWh counter for recording the energy input
- Sealing fluid temperature indicator
- Pump speed indicator
- Display of product temperature via a temperature sensor
- Display of product pressure via a pressure sensor
- Display of product pressure via a mananometer
- Product throughput indicator (flow meter required)
The owner invest in a new machine and he will be worry if his operators can handle the production properly. Today its operator set the parameters according their own experience and turns on the process and without the required controls, the process can run out the allowed range and the product be ruined.
With the batch and recipes controls, the operator will be guided during the entire production IRIS will monitor the machine all the time which is like having an operator checking the machine and making adjustments as and when necessary to adjust the process It can ensure the owner that his investment is well protected.
Operator turns the mill on. The machine stops due an unclear alarm. The maintenance technician needs to be called to identify and solve the issue, which demands time and human resources.
For the operator, the ease and simplicity of control meant a short learning cycle and no necessity to constantly monitor the running of the machine freeing him to work on his chores. The fault alarm, objective message and guided troubleshooting will tell him what causes the alarms or warning that he can take remedy action, reducing the machine downtime, improving the overall production rate.
Production Manager needs data to evaluate if the process is running efficiently. So he/she usually takes notes of the variables, inputting them into external spreadsheets.
Have accurate data to drive decision and to keep track of the production is synonym of take the best of the mill. Among local bath reports and trend graphs, IRIS has also the Availability indicator that calculates how much the machine is working compared to target time. The variables can be tracked over the past time and be compared to evaluate their interaction.
- Log list of all past alarms and warnings
- Ranking of alarms within a defined period of time
- Display of the historical process parameters as a process line diagram
- Presentation of the process values on a dashboard, when the machine comes to a stopp due to an error
- Chronological list of the last 30 batches and detailed display of the production parameters
- Availability display for machine utilization including maintenance times
- Display of preset or customer-specific maintenance intervals, which regularly informs the user about relevant and important maintenance dates
- Detailed display of the maintenance message for the affected machine components as well as progress bars since the last maintenance
- PLC status indicator for firmware, communication status, etc.
- Formulation management for the input of up to 99 formulations, each with individual machine parameters depending on the product-dependent production process:
- Input of preset values (mill/pump speed, pressure and temperature limits, capacity limits)
- The machine is automatically ramped up to these process values at startup